Sadly I need more clarification...and possibly a code example.

Using PHP, I know that I can successfully get a feed of a user's
latest statuses using this code:

                $ch = curl_init();
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$this->Username:$this-
>Password");
                $xml = curl_exec($ch);

                $data = simplexml_load_string($xml);

However, when I send an update, the same code, with the addition of a
line for CURLOPT_POST, returns nothing for me:

                $ch = curl_init();
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$this->Username:$this-
>Password");
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
                $xml = curl_exec($ch);

                $data = simplexml_load_string($xml);

I must be missing something here, right? So what am I not doing right?

Thanks!