I'm also curious about this phenomenon. It does seem that certain
high-profile users are indexed poorly in search. It doesn't seem to
correlate exactly with follower numbers but I've not done much in the way of
empirical analysis on that.

It's causing me some trouble on tweetreach.com as I often get requests to
run reach reports about things tweeted by high profile users only to find
that tweets from those users aren't returned by search.

Should I file an issue for this?

Hayes