There are multiple bits set for accounts that control various levels
of access and all kinds of folderol. It's complicated and for mostly
understandable reasons, purposefully opaque. Search and Hosebird
currently have identical access rules, but that's subject to change.

In this case, it appears that everything is working by the rules, if
not also by design. These two concepts are not always in alignment!

-John Kalucki
Services, Twitter, Inc.