Public Function AuthorizationLinkGet()
        Dim ret As String = Nothing

        Dim response As String = OAuthWebRequest("GET", REQUEST_TOKEN,
String.Empty)

        If (response.Length > 0) Then
            REM response contains token and token secret.  We only
need the token.
            Dim qs As NameValueCollection =
HttpUtility.ParseQueryString(response)
            If (Not qs.Item("oauth_token") = Nothing) Then
                ret = AUTHORISE & "?oauth_token=" & qs.Item
("oauth_token")
            End If
        End If
        Return ret
    End Function

This is the OAuthLinkGet function. It fails with an 401 :
Unauthorised!

This also calls the above offending function 'WebResponseGet' - as
part of 'OAuthWebRequest'.

As soon as WebResponseGet try to access the WebResponse - it gets a
401 Unauthorised.

So, it seems I need to to something with this part of the class.

Thanks - I really feel confident now that we have sussed out the
problems?