On Jul 15, 4:27 pm, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
>
> > But I believe bit.ly returns different, unique URLs for logged-in users
>
> That is an option, but in my experience, it is relatively rare.

If you want to create a bitly url via the API, you have to be logged
in. Therefore I assume "twitter" logs in to bit.ly to create the URLs.
Therefore I would expect all bit.ly URLs that Twitter generates to be
specific to Twitter. If you shorten a URL via some other account (you
always have to login for the bit.ly API), it would result in a
different URL. If Twitter could generate the "standard URL", it would
be a big step.

Björn