On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Stuart <stut...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Twitter have a business plan, we're just not worthy enough to know all
>> the details. What we know so far is that they're planning to launch a
>> premium account type with a bunch of tools to aid brand and engagement
>> tracking. If Twitter can maintain their popularity big business will
>> pay a small fortune to be able to measure the effectiveness of the way
>> they're using their accounts.
>

> At the risk of really deviating from developer talk... We know this?  Who's
> "we" and how do we know this?
>
> I have a hard time seeing how analysis of Twitter alone would compete with
> existing services that monitor brands in conversations across many
> platforms.  I started one of the first companies to do that, ten years ago,
> which is quite a head start... and it is now owned by one of the biggest
> brand monitoring companies on the planet.  Lots of competition has come
> along since then.
>
> Anyway, this was fun, but it's not about developing code as such, so I'll
> shut up.  Maybe this is a conversation for that non-platform-specific social
> media developer community I was wondering about... ;-)
>
> Nick

"We" is anyone who have paid attention to the twitter dev list and blogs and
scuttlebutt. Biz has talked about the premium accounts. Contextual
advertising has been brought up several times. Search-driven monetization
has also been brought up.

Who's "we?" Anyone with their eyes and ears open.

Thanks-
- Andy Badera
- and...@badera.us
- Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+badera
- This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private