On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Cameron Kaiser<spec...@floodgap.com> wrote:

> (IDNSOWFT)
> The problem with this is that it puts Twitter in the position of having to
> a be a de facto content censor. Besides people having varying ideas of what
> constitutes offensive, it also possibly subjects them to legal consequences.

As a funny example of the "varying ideas" topic. Here where I work (hi
Doug) we had the Big List of Bad Terms from one of our other business
units that was supposed to be the "master" list of words that we were
to filter on. The one that always gave us humour in meetings was
"downblouse" .. Yes "downblouse" was on the restricted list and
supposed to be filtered out. YMMV as to what should or should not be
filtered and should really be something that the consumer side deals
with. Personally I'm attempting to increase my ranking on Cursebird,
but that's just me.

-steve