On Jul 21, 3:48 am, sjespers <se...@webkitchen.be> wrote:

> Because there is no AS2
> Twitter API, I'm using a server side API proxy. So, the Flash Lite app
> connects to mtwit.net > mtwit.net connects to Twitter.com > mtwit
> returns XML data to my app.

Is there some reason the app cannot connect directly to Twitter? I
understand there's no API (by which I think you mean existing
library), but Twitter's XML and JSON API isn't difficult to deal with
directly. I don't know enough about ActionScript to know if there's
some technical limitation requiring you to run a proxying app in the
middle.

> In theory, a limit of 20000 means I can only support 133 concurrent
> users (if they all leave the app running for an hour).

I don't speak for Twitter, but that topic has come up on this list a
few times before, and it's easy to demonstrate mathematically (as
you've just done) that if you're doing auth'd requests on behalf of a
significant number of users, then there's an excellent chance
whitelisting is going to work against you rather than in your favor.