"I would start by looking at the OAuth spec at Section 9 - Signing
Process. "

RTFM is not a helpful answer, especially when many developers are
relying on libraries that they did not write.  It's not unreasonable
to expect some advance notice on breaking changes to the API or
guidance on what specifically was changed.