On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Pek<wushup...@gmail.com> wrote:

> how do you set the from field when you tweet from the API. Right now
> mine says from API. I'd like it to say from [My Application]
>
> I've set all the fields necessary from the apps settings

I think this is what's called a F.A.Q.

Q:  How do I get "from myApp" to display on Twitter.com instead of
"from API"?  I set the source parameter but it has no effect.
A:  Register your application as an OAuth-base app and set the name
there.  Use of the source parameter as a means of identifying
applications with Basic Auth has been deprecated for quite some time
now.

Q:  I want to have a custom source parameter and use Basic Auth.  Is
this possible?
A:  No.

-damon
http://twitter.com/damon