The originating post is total speculation.

If you think that bulk unfollowing is the sole culprit to suspensions,
then you're not following Twitter closely enough.  It takes two to
tango.  In this case, churn can correctly be described as the process
of blind bulk/auto following and blind bulk/auto unfollowing.

That bulk/auto following has a distinct hard-limit in the follow limit
should not lead you to believe that you can willy-nilly follow up to
that limit, or that unfollowing is somehow the culprit in any
suspensions.

Indeed: compare these two scenarios: "return follow" applications that
blindly return follow any user who follows them (be they spammer or
legitimate), versus applications that weed out (and unfollow) spammers
who tweet specific words that that user has indicated he finds
offensive (or spam).  Clearly, the former is more "churning" than the
latter.

That said, much like the original post, this is also speculation.