2009/8/14 Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us>:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM, catcalls<g.obrzut3...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> I want something that
>> actually works and is at least 1.0
>
> And I want whirled peaz, Giselle Bundchen and a 12 figure bank account ...

I have that last one, but all the zeros are at the wrong end of the number :(

"catcalls"... Please stop complaining. It's clear from your posts in
this thread and others that you really don't have the first clue what
you're talking about, whether it's related to writing code or how to
be polite to other people who are actually trying very hard to help
you. Nobody owes you anything. From where I'm sitting you have a
number of options...

1) Put some real effort into getting the latest version of your chosen
library to work - complaining that an old version is broken is not
smart. Refusing to use the latest version is worse. Continuing to be
rude and obnoxious after you've been treated with undeserved respect
is indefensible.

2) Write your own library - everything you need to do this is readily
available and it's not particularly difficult to get something
working, but it is difficult to get it "right". Once you've done this
you might appreciate the work of others a bit more.

3) Find another library and try that - but please don't complain that
it doesn't work unless you've either paid for it or the author has
actually asked for your opinion. And even if you've paid for it please
allow for the possibility that you might be getting it wrong. My first
assumption is always that I've done something wrong and that's served
me well over the years.

4) Put your keyboard and mouse down then go outside and play with the
other children.

I think we'd all give a collective sigh of relief if you chose option
number 4, but unfortunately I really don't see it happening.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/