" what is more concerning is that it appears
that Twitter just blanketly suspended several of our accounts and our
users accounts that had any tweets posted recently from our
application."

Is it possible that these customers of yours had their accounts
suspended for activity that had nothing to do with your application?
The fact that they are your users doesn't mean that they are -only-
your users.  Nor does it mean that their suspensions are related to
your application.