Hi Chad,

I am sorry but that doesn't even help in the slightest.

You are essentially saying that we shouldn't develop on the App
Engine, since would now have to also buy a proxy.  Which is completely
unfeasible and defeats the purpose of why people are using the app
engine.

I understand that this might also be an App Engine issue - for
instance they could have reduced the number of IP addresses they pool
from to make external requests.

This is a very noticeable change in rate limiting in the last few
weeks.  For instance I could run roughly 2 searches a second, then all
of a sudden I would be lucky to run 2 every 15 seconds.  User-Agent
strings were supposed to allievate this issue.  There are more than
enough pieces of meta data on an App Engine request that Identify the
exact application that is making the requests - I guess it is too much
effort to take these into account.

I am in the fortunate position that allowed me to set up a nginx proxy
quickly, but I suspect a lot of other people couldn't do that.

I hope something can be sorted for the large number of GAE based
Twitter apps.

Paul Kinlan