Like Chris, my app uses a similar UI. I released it as open source several months ago:
http://github.com/yourhead/OAuth_ObjC_Test_App

It hasn't seen runaway traffic, but it has been downloaded pretty constantly for about three months. There are now also several github clones of the project too. I think it's safe to assume that there are quite a few developers doing the same thing.

As we've all seen, there is backlash from users and the media about the OAuth experience:
http://twitter.com/gruber/status/4482717284

Judging from the feedback I received, it's safe to say that developers are looking for ways of making this less painful for the Twitter community, i.e. developers are doing this because they believe it will **help** users, not for some malicious reason. Those were definitely my goals. :-)

If Twitter thinks this sort of UI is a bad idea, it sure would be nice to get some official feedback about it.

Isaiah

YourHead Software
supp...@yourhead.com
http://www.yourhead.com