On Oct 12, 5:44 pm, Sebastian <sdelm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The solution for OAuth on Mobile and Desktop is easy:
<snip>
> Let me rewrite this in plain english: let the app ask for login/
> password and pass it to twitter.
<snip>
> All we need is a simple API call where we can trade a login and
> password for an oauth access token, bypassing the browser.

I think this is a grand idea, and wanted to acknowledge it.

This solution removes the password from being bandied about endlessly
with Basic Auth, but is appropriate for the world of desktop apps
where users are comfortable providing their password because
applications often ask for access restricted information.