As I mentioned yesterday, phishing, keystroke logging are some of the
attacks that a malicious app can use with OAuth.
With these attacks, a malicious app can get the password.
Of course, in the case of basic auth, every app (malicious or good)
will always get the password.

However, as I also mentioned, OAuth offers significant security/
privacy benefits over basic auth - when it comes to non-malicious
apps.

I'm surprised that many OAuth opponents are unwilling to acknowledge
(or even discuss) this basic fact.

Ram
http://blog.CascadeSoft.net