> My concern is that there is nothing to force users to upgrade their
> twitter applications, there is nothing to force applications to use
> the retweet API (although, I agree most probably will) and for an
> indeterminate amount of time users will still "retweet" by prefixing
> their tweets with RT.

Speaking for TTYtter only, while I'll support receiving retweets, I am
unhappy with the API as it currently exists and retweets received will
be canonized into the older format (and retweets sent will be done
programmatically in the older fashion instead of through the retweet
methods). I suspect there are other app authors who will also do something
similar.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned. -- Milton Freedman ------------