I am receiving spurious SMS notifications for tweets sent by people I am following, but do not have notifications turned on for. These are *not* retweets, I've even asked a couple of the original senders to check and see if the item had been retweeted, and the answer was no. Furthermore, I only have my account (@nazgul) set to receive text messages for about four users, and none of them retweeted these messages. Possibly related, I have a friend who turned off *all* phone notifications over a day ago, and is still getting random new text messages from people she follows but didn't set to send her notificationqs.

Examples:

I confirmed that these were not retweeted by anyone for whom I get notifications (or in one case, by anyone at all).

http://twitter.com/stevegarfield/status/6463021810
http://twitter.com/daddyclaxton/status/6463935419

Others I haven't had a chance to investigate, but which it seems highly unlikely were retweeted by anyone who sends me notifications.
http://twitter.com/kevinmarks/status/6500306267
http://twitter.com/stoweboyd/status/6497224194