i understand that you have to tow the line. i agree with it — at least in
principle. i like oauth. i understand it. i *want* to put it in my app. aside
from my desktop client, i released an open source oAuth solution:
http://thurly.net//5nl

yet, of the prominent mac clients (tweetie, twitteriffic, socialite, beak,
bluebird, kiwi) only one is currently using oAuth. the reasons are painfully
obvious and have been discussed here and elsewhere ad nauseum:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/search?hl=en&group=twitter-development-talk&q=oauth+desktop&qt_g=Search+this+group

i suspect that other desktop app devs feel like i do: that the announced oauth
addendum was a sea change that looked like a realistic way forward. i was ready
to hi-five the first person i saw when i read about it:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/msg/18b38db599f6ad98?hl=en

i'm not asking for anything new or different from what has already been
announced. i was just hoping for a bit more detail, that's all.

isaiah