On Jan 4, 8:58 pm, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
> at the moment). So, it seems that we're returning the data over home
> DSL at between 2,500 and 4,000 ids per second, which seems like a
> perfectly reasonable rate and variance.

It's certainly not reasonable to expect it to take 10+ seconds to get
25,000 to 40,000 ids, PARTICULARLY when existing methods, for whatever
reason, return the same data in less than 2 seconds.  Twitter is being
incredibly short-sighted if they think this is indeed reasonable.

Some of us have built applications around your EXISTING APIs, and to
now suggest that we may need formal "business relationships" to
continue to use such APIs is seriously disquieting.

Disgusted...