I am currently getting a HTTP 400 response when interacting with the API,
with a error message of "Rate limit exceeded. Clients may not make more than
0 requests per hour."

OAuth for authentication.

No calls currently working, but same result on both
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json and
http://twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json

Is this related?

Or does this indicate that my app has been suspended and I need to get in
touch with Twitter to sort out what the problem is?