The specified discussion with DeWitt:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/d001cb08a80f004/

<http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/d001cb08a80f004/>I
don't think I wan't everybody and their mom cloning the Twitter API at the
rate it changes. StatusNet has always lacked methods and any service that is
not a microblogging platform will have to extend it.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Advocate | http://abrah.am
TwitterOAuth | http://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth