I am still a little unclear if we will be able to determine the correct
since_id to pass to the api by always looking for the largest tweet id we have
seen.

It seems if two messages are posted at very close to same time, they may not be
sequential since the bottom bits will be randomly generated and I will not be
able to safely just always use the largest id I have seen as the since_id??

Correct me if I am confusing myself please.