Taylor,

Your job title very much does matter. Any respectable public/"open"
API publisher needs to be concerned with the needs, wants and feelings
of their developer community. If you are part of Twitter's effort to
address this concern, then you need to be doing certain things. If you
are not, then you probably should not be labelled as doing these
things in order not to produce misleading expectations among
aforementioned developer community.

>From the sounds of things, you're somewhere between evangelist and
client services, but nowhere close to being in the ballpark of
developer advocate. I'm not saying you're not doing a good job, I'm
just saying you're not doing THAT job.

Unfortunately this just contributes to the idea that Twitter doesn't
care about the people who enabled its success, that it's grown too
big, too fast, to remember the little people, that it's all about the
big money and not at all about the community. I'm sure that's driven
in large part by Evil Investors, but somewhere at Twitter, someone
needs to take a stand and strike a balance. Apparently that's not you.

∞ Andy Badera
∞ +1 518-641-1280 Google Voice
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew%20badera