Historically Twitter had imposed no limits on length of storage with the
understanding that you treat the users wishes with respect. Private,
deleted, and geo information should especially be handled with care. Be
aware though that for your own protection it is best to have a qualified
individual verify this with Twitter's published TOS and API rules and be
aware that those could change at anytime.

Abraham