again - overly dramatic.

everything i said above still stands - it provides transparency into the
traffic that applications generate (potentially audit trails for users,
better ways to squelch spammy apps, etc.), as well as provides some security
in that user's passwords are not being sent in the clear.

you can easily look for other examples of people using oauth for similar
situations - google is using oauth to allow applications access to mail,
etc.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team