I wanted to test if my program is getting all the tweets it should. My
simple test was track="Palin" and I timed it for exactly 5 minutes. I
got 3 tweets and several replies to. Then I immediately ran  this:
http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=Palin
and looked for tweets in the last 5 minutes.

There were 7 results for the last 5 minutes. The 3 I got from the
stream matched the oldest of the 7, so there were 4 newer that the
steam didn't pick up.

I don't mind if there is a slight delay and the missing 4 would
eventually show up. How else can I tell if I'm getting all the tweets
that I'm supposed to  from the stream?

Thanks,

Peter