I'm having a puzzling (to me) problem with the TwitterOAuth API.

I wrote and debugged code to get authorization to use a Twitter
account, but I wasn't able to set the callback URL. With the help of
people in this forum, I learned that I had an old beta copy of the
API. Installing a current copy was supposed to solve the problem.
Instead, it "broke" my program.

Now, when I call click the link returned by getAuthorizeURL, I don't
get the authorization page at all. I'm just redirected to the callback
URL.

(Yes, getAuthorizeURL is returning a URL on Twitter that looks about
the same as it did before: https://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=[a
long string of gibberish].)

What's happening here?