Hi giustin,

I don't think it's the same issue since yours is more PHP specific.
My guess is that the PHP library in question or the code you're using
to process the results is incorrectly converting between UTF-8 and
ISO-8859-1 [1]. Maybe someone on the list with some more PHP knowledge
can suggest a fix.

Thanks;
— Matt Sanford / @mzsanford

[1] =

The UTF-8 encoding of ã is two bytes. When those same two bytes are
interpreted as ISO-8859-1 (a.k.a ISO-Latin-1) they are interpreted as
two characters, like so (fixed width font required):

UTF-8 Bytes vs. Same bytes in ISO-8859-1
n 0x6E n

ã 0xC3 Ã
  0xA3 £

o 0x6F o