Thanks Matt,

Unless they've been updated lately, the docs are not clear as to how
to handle contractions, so thanks for the -don't example.

Given that "don't" is regarded as a "word", we believe that search
should _not_ return "don't" in a search for "don"... It's a bug in our
opinion.

Further, I'm not sure whether this is a problem only with contractions
(that is the handling of single-quote characters), or if search reacts
in weird/inconsistent/buggy ways when other special characters  (e.g.
single quotes, utf-8 stuff, etc) are used.  Can you check whether
there is consistent handling and spec for these from the search team?

Thanks,
Jeffrey
http://www.tweettronics.com