HI Matt,

Thanks for your response.
I tried using the oauth token and secret for the x_auth_username and
x_auth_password but that did not work for the 2 legged oauth that I am
trying to achieve using Twitter4J so that I don't get prompted for the
browser authorization that I am trying to avoid.I have sent a request
to the twittter api folks about it.I am not sure if that is the right
way to proceed.

Just to clarify.I have my own Twitter account and I have  a web
application that wants to access my Twitter account private list of
followers.So, I setup a Twitter a/c and also an Application under that
a/c which gave me a consumer key/secret.Now, I have a web application
which accesses this Twitter a/c to get the private list of followers
without prompting a Browser prompt for user authorization(server to
server backend using 2 legged Oauth maybe ???)

TIA,
Vijay