Just wanted to add,

it's a sad thing etags see hardly any use today. Back when the graph methods
weren't paginated, you could just send a request with the etag header set and
it would come back not modified, a very efficient thing to do. It won't give
you the difference between arbitrary points in time, but for most applications,
it's quite enough.

I don't think anybody ever confirmed that this even works with paginated calls,
but I don't see why it couldn't (especially since pages are apparently newest
first, as Raffi said).

Pascal