Yeah but if it is a Twitter fault there isn't much you can do than say
there is a Twitter fault.

Thats also a reason I changed the messages for HTTP status code errors
to something meaningful such as 'Twitter is overloaded, please try
again later'.  At least users can see it's not your app at fault in
that instance.