Ernandes,

Thanks for the response.  I am sure there is something small I am
doing wrong.  I did grab twitter4j and made a simple j2se app to make
sure I could use my consumer key and secret and XAuth worked.  So I
know my account is good at least.  I am now trying to hand code the
example on http://dev.twitter.com/pages/xauth to make sure I can
properly encode a header. Everything worked fine using BASIC.  I do
not see why they had to make it so hard.

I am using the BB 5 and 6 OSs.