My opinion is that twitter is trying to keep it intentionally simple for the
benefit of apps.

for Joe Regular, more options than allow / deny is going to create confusion
and apps will suffer.

Its pretty clear that if you tweet on behalf of users without consent there
will be confusion/anger and you are at risk of blacklist and its at that
point that Twitter should and does intervene, as an ISP would on spam. But
before that, I think 2 choices are exactly what should be.

--
Peter Denton
Co-Founder, Product Marketing