401 is a general HTTP error code. The message is more important.

If the message is about an invalid nonce, then you should check the
timestamp. If it's about a nonce that had already been used, check the
nonce. If it's a signature error, check the code that generates the
signature and make sure to use proper URL encoding (which may be an
issue here).

It's xAuth you are using here, so also make sure that you are entering
the right password. ;-)

Tom