Adam, what I wrote was not a case for or against Gnip and/or Twitter
selling the stream through Gnip. I simply quoted Gnip prices and
conditions from the Gnip pricing page, because it is relevant to this
discussion.

This time I will venture further and say that I do not see where is
the value-add for the developer in getting his Twitter stream data
from Gnip instead of directly from Twitter. Perhaps it's because the
details on Gnip's site are still very scant on the Twitter feeds, or
perhaps it's a deal where only the benefits for Twitter and Gnip were
fully considered. I'd love to hear what are the benefits for the
developer.