This deal with Gnip is all about *elevated access* you can build
whatever product you want (as long as it adheres to the Twitter API
Rules) with the basic APIs and basic levels of access.

As to the second part of your question we are setting the pricing as
to ensure that their sole position isn't exploited. With that being
said, you might find the products to be expensive, but we feel this is
premium data and we're mostly focused on consumer facing businesses
where the business model is promoted products and the data is free to
developers.