Your URL:
http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.jsonlocations=-122.75,36.8,-121.75,37.8

Did you add a ? after the word json and before locations...

http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json?locations=-122.75,36.8,-121.75,37.8,-74,40,-73,41

When I input this url in my browser it starts reading the json
stream.
Try it in your browser
Ref: http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_methods#locations

If you are not intending to track
real time tweets on a map then you may want to use the Search API and
not streaming.

See "The Streaming API is distinct from the two REST APIs as Streaming
supports long-lived connections on a different architecture." I think
using Search API will be easier for you than Streaming because the
connection is more or less permanent with streaming and you need to
have code for handling continuous streaming.

Try this
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,1mi

This is from Search API.
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/search

You can use the latitude, longitude and radius parameters as specified
in the Search API.
To use the geocode parameter you neeed convert the lat/lon value to
geocode using www.mygeoposition.com...

~~~ Mohan Arun ~~~