Hey Adam,

The status update you are sending is part of the SMS command set.
    http://support.twitter.com/articles/14020-about-twitter-sms-commands

It corresponds to the FAV command and is the alias for it. It used to be
documented but for some reason isn't there at the moment. I've asked the
support team to make sure it is added.

Best,
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter