Hi,

I have been running some tests to gather tweets from users within a
geo area using both the search API (with the geocode parameter) and
the streaming API (with the statuses/filter method & locations
parameter).

I have noticed that the streaming API returns far less tweets for an
equivalent area expressed either as a latlong+radius for the search
API or as a bounding box for the streaming API.

Is this normal or should we expect a similar result set with both
methods?

In the doc it says that the streaming API will only return tweets that
are created using the Geotagging API (and within the bounding box) but
the search API will preferentially use the Geotagging API, but will
fall back to the Twitter profile location.

Can this explain why I see much more results with the search API?

Thanks,
Colin