On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:40:03 -0800, Matt Harris <thematthar...@twitter.com> wrote:
Hi Ian,

For trends you might like to try our trends.api.twitter.com [1]
server which hosts a cached copy of the trends information and is
updated whenever the trends change. It should support your use case
and we would be interested in any feedback you may have about it's
performance.

Nice! I was just about to try building something very much like twendr, but I can either use twendr or go right to your new server. Is this on a five-minute cycle like the main Trending Topics feed? Will we ever get to see the "Promoted" fields populated without spending money? ;-)

--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős