It may sound foolish, but some of us coded our apps a couple years
ago, improved them up to production readiness and then released and
moved on to something else. Each of these mayor changes would in
theory make one reread all this old code and find where one uses
whatever you plan to change this time.
I do not have that luxury of time. I strongly prefer to spend time
with my two kids than fix something that is not broken yet but
eventually will. I have recoded the whole app two times to accomodate,
and yes I am growing tired of playing this. My kids have not even
changed a single tooth and I have coded the whole app 3 times!!!
If it is soooo easy to change to oauth and streaming why don't you
release some open source code which implements the old calls using
these new capabilities? Then we would just point our old calls to our
own server.
It's called backwards compatibility.

And just like the previous two times, I do not plan to be absent from
my kids' life while I redo old code. I will just let it break and
*then* the failure points will be obvious. If it fixes in a day I
will. Else, end of life, and 80k users get a blog post.

And since users have no idea about this, I need an analogy...

Dear printing press users: the excessive amount of Bibles you have
been printing has created an undue demand of the L O R D letters. As
of today we will be supplying a very limited amount of these four
letters, but we will be supplying paper that has the word LORD
preprinted on it. Please adjust your texts accordingly.