There are lots of ways to create website apps without using site
streams. If you describe the type of things you want to do here, you
will get plenty of advice. You don't have to reveal any secret plans.
Just describe the type of data you need from Twitter and the type of
changes you need to make to user accounts.

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Trainer
http://140dev.com
@140dev