I wrote some code that retrieves tweets sent by an authenticated user
which works fine. As the resource I use:

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.xml

which is used for te base string. For the CURLOPT_URL I added paramers
to the URL like:

?count=200&page=1&include_rts=true

>From the documentation I figured that retrieving mentions works
exactly the same, only the resource needs to be changed to:

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/mentions.xml

This is the only change I made to the code, all else remains exactly
the same. Instead of retrieving my mentions I get the message
"Incorrect signature".

I have been staring at my code for a while now, and don't see what is
wrong.

Anyone any suggestions or an explanation?