Can you give an example of the HTTP headers or OAuth query parameters you're
sending along with both variations of the request? While it's not required,
I recommend explicitly specifying a user_id or screen_name for these
methods, instead of relying on the magic implicit user that auth brings you.
I also recommend sticking to HTTP header-based auth, as it dramatically
separates concerns.

Your resource-specific query parameters should be added to the URL before
you compute your signature -- in your signature base string, the query
parameters should be sorted.

Thanks,
Taylor

@episod <http://twitter.com/episod> - Taylor Singletary