Hello

We are using our application CommCenter, to search twitter and get
full tweet + user data based on query results using the Twitter4j
query and showStatus methods. We need both as the query method does
not return enough information (like retweet count and follower count),
and we can't search using showStatus. Therefore, we first use query to
get "basic" results, then for each call showStatus to get the detailed
information.

However, we're getting 403 errors such as

403:The request is understood, but it has been refused. An
accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when
requests are being denied due to update limits (http://
support.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364).
error - Sorry, you are not authorized to see this status.
request - /1/statuses/show/62741653433225216.json?
include_entities=true
Relevant discussions can be on the Internet at:
                http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=6b80c41c or
                http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=1b284c1e
TwitterException{exceptionCode=[6b80c41c-1b284c1e], statusCode=403,
retryAfter=0,
rateLimitStatus=RateLimitStatusJSONImpl{remainingHits=339,
hourlyLimit=350, resetTimeInSeconds=1304029, secondsUntilReset=900,
resetTime=Fri Apr 29 00:19:18 CEST 2011}, version=2.2.1}

and

403:The request is understood, but it has been refused. An
accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when
requests are being denied due to update limits (http://
support.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364).
error - since_id too recent, poll less frequently
Relevant discussions can be on the Internet at:
                http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=d35baff5 or
                http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=0886c892
TwitterException{exceptionCode=[d35baff5-0886c892], statusCode=403,
retryAfter=0, rateLimitStatus=null, version=2.2.1}

-----

It seems retrieving the full tweet + user data for each tweet
(showStatus method call) counts as a hit so we're hitting our limit
really quickly. Do you think there's a way around this or an obvious
solution we don't see? whitelisting?

Thanks in advance.

Luc Martin