Hello.

For my app, it's inconvenient that the DM permission is only available
lumped in with the write permission, because now I have to request
both even though my app has no facility for posting (it's a
notification-only app), and I expect users will (rightly) be
suspicious about that.

Also on the subject of granularity, it would be great if the app could
request DM access but make it optional, such that users can turn it
off on the authorization page. If the user declines it then the app
would be able to ask them to reauthorize if they later try to use the
DM feature of the app.

Thank you.

 - Jon