> The SMTP protocol doesn't allow longer lines in any case, so
> your application could check for a correct length. Also it
> important to wrap lines that are longer than 74 cups. Means
> either a blank or tab in front of a continuation line.

I still think there should be check on linelength before copying, it's ok to
not send all data if breaking rfc but not take down the whole application.

Should also subject be split into continuation-lines if longer than 74 cups
(cups=chars?)? Outlook does not seem to do this with the subject.

If I understand this correct. If I have a subject of 2000 chars, I can send
this if I insert crlf and tab at every 74 char and don't break any rfc?
Anyway, TCustomSmtpClient.DataNext would fail even when using continuation
lines every 74 char if the total length is longer than 1024.

What do you think about this?

Regards Bjørnar